Tuesday, April 23, 2013

One Week Old



Today Patrick is one week old!  He is such a healthy little guy!  He and I are working out the kinks with nursing and he's starting to be more alert during the day! I must admit that this last week has been such a huge transition for this Mama.  As every mother knows, the first couple of weeks with a new baby are the toughest.  I know this too.  However, it doesn't seem to matter how prepared you might think you are for this huge event, things don't always go as you planned.  Mama Marge put it so eloquently that, "your MIND and BODY need to recover" and that as difficult as it may be we, as mothers, must allow that recovery to take place.  I think that's one of my biggest weaknesses (probably most Moms')...taking time for me!  So, today I am trying my best to stay camped out in bed with Patrick while Grant is at school and Maggie is with my generous mother-in-law, who has been such a HUGE help this week!  So far, we have done pretty well!
 
It never ceases to amaze me how being a mother grants you so many blessings and challenges all wrapped up in one amazing package!  It makes me ever so grateful for my own amazing mother and all that she has done to give her 4 children the love and guidance we needed to become parents ourselves.  It also makes my heart smile to know that no matter the distance between us she can still make me feel like I'm the most amazing thing in the world!  Thanks Mom...I love you!

No comments: