Sunday, September 28, 2008

Maggie Beth and James Taylor

I know, I know ANOTHER nickname! I just can't help it! It just happens! Peter teases that I find so many nicknames the original name given is often lost in the shuffle. Oh well, shmoopie, you'll just have to deal! Tonight as I was rocking Maggie to sleep I busted out a little James Taylor, "you've got a friend" for her. When I finished singing the last verse (that I could remember) and started humming she turned her head toward my face peeked open one eye and grinned as if to say, "thank you mommy for stopping that awful noise". Perhaps tomorrow I'll try my rendition of Billy Joel!

1 comment:

Jody said...

I hear you! When I start to sing Ashley always covers my mouth & says "no mommy shhhhhh". Man that hurts! I know I was bad but the boys were never that blunt about it. Sing while you can!