Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bed Time requests

Lately when we put Grant to bed at night he often has several requests: binkie, doggie, blankie, water and sometimes a car or a train. Tonight after tucking him in and closing the door, I heard the ever so familiar "Mommy" over and over again in a very rhythmic pattern. When I went in to check and see what request I could have missed there he was standing up in his crib with all his "stuff" in hand wanting to "sleep in Mommy's bed". After I told him he could come snuggle with me in the morning he calmed down and I tucked him in again. About 10 minutes later after putting Maggie to sleep, I hear the rhythm again, "Mooommmmmy" only this time each syllable was more accentuated than the previous! Upon enter his room this time and asking what was wrong this was his response, " I need my car, my snots out and you tuck me in OK?" I just smiled and said, "sure buddy" This time he fall asleep... I guess I finally got it right!

1 comment:

Harvard to Homemaker said...

I love your blog!! Your kids are beautiful, what a fun way to keep up with them! Looking forward to more!
Elise