Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The lake









One thing that I found really peculiar when we moved to Spokane was how often people referred to going to "the lake". In the midwest there are a handful of lakes and when talking about them most people call them by name or by the town they are closest to, Lake Michigan, Warsaw etc. In Spokane, however, there are so many lakes and even some rivers that are so huge they are referred to as lakes. Many people have property or homes on these bodies of water and therefore it's just easier to say you're going to "the lake" instead of explaining where your property is. So, I guess that was all an aside for my midwestern types who may find this a bit humerous. We had playgroup at my friend, Holly's, lake home. My dear friend Amalia took these photos as well as many others you will see on this blog. Check out what fun the kids had driving the boat, eating ice cream and enjoying the HOT HOT day! Thanks again Holly for such a fun time!

No comments: