Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Potty Chronicles

Something happened today that I thought would NEVER happen! Grant agreed to wear "big boy underwear" (Thomas, of course) under the condition that he not pee or poop in them! He was outside with Daddy playing in the yard so naturally his potty moved outdoors with him. When I rounded the corner holding Maggie to check on Daddy and Grant Peter's eyes were as wide as saucers as he looked at me and nodded toward Grant who was sitting on his potty with his underwear around his ankles! I have to tell you this was a very exciting moment! Peter and I shared a silent high five and celebrated with Grant after he PULLED UP HIS OWN UNDERWEAR!!! So, naturally I'm thinking of how great it will be to de done with potty training and on to bigger and better accomplishments. Of course less than 1.5 hours later Grant walks into the house with dirt blackened Thomas underwear and mud covering 3/4 of his body exclaiming, "Mommy I peed, I peed" When I asked him where he said excitedly, "in my underwear and on the porch!". "oh, I replied I guess it's back to the drawing board"...He just laughed and said, "Mommy you're silly". So true Grant so true!

No comments: