Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I can't know...

Grant and I were looking at pictures the other day and we were naming people. He's pretty good about most of the family that we don't get to see very often because we talk about them a lot. But one time as we were going through who was in a picture he forgot someone's name and when I asked him, "who is that Grant" he looked at me with really sad eyes and said, "I can't know Mommy". It was so sweet the way he genuinely wanted to remember the name but just couldn't call it to mind! Also, this is the first time he used the phrase, "I can't know" which, by the way, is now one of his most favorite phrases!

2 comments:

Liz said...

It was Aunt Susie that Grant "can't know" wasn't it?! hahaha! Just kidding, Sue!

Amalia said...

That's so sweet...I can just see his face too as he said it...with his little frown...:-)